Mike and I celebrated our seventh anniversary last week. We went to the Cheesecake factory for dinner and then we went to the Old Mill golf course and hit a bucket of balls. I have to tell you that I love being married to Mike, and in honor of our anniversary, I want to tell you a few of the reasons why.
1. Mike never yells at me. It doesn't matter how upset he gets (which isn't very upset), he never raises his voice in anger to me.
2. I scratched the car against a tree when I was parking while we were camping, and he didn't even get the slightest big upset when I told him about it. I even bragged to my parents before hand, how awesome Mike would respond. He just shrugged his shoulders and said "no big deal."
3. He never complains about my cooking. I like to try new recipes and different kinds of food, and he never says anything negative about anything I make. If I press him for his opinion, and he really doesn't like it he'll say "it's not my favorite."
4. Mike is really fun to cook for because he loves food. He has really high standards in his tastes, which makes it really fun to try to please him. When I make something that he really likes, he will go on and on about how great it is. He also loves all types of food, which makes it equally fun to make savory foods as well as baking. I have successfully made the following that have achieved his standards: cakes, brownies, home made ice cream, bbq ribs, steak, pork tenderloin, pork chops and even salmon.
5. Mike never makes fun of any scheme I have going. Whatever I get into, he never mocks me, whether it be a tv show, scrapbooking, gardening, or home improvement. He may not understand it, but he never belittles me.
6. He gets really excited when I succeed. When we go golfing (at which I am lousy), any time my shot remotely goes in the right direction, he will give me a big hug and a kiss, and he is always so proud.
7. He never gets mad about how much money I spend. If I've been spending a little too freely, he'll usually say something like "we should probably try to spend a little less next month."
8. He never leaves or comes home without kissing me hello or goodbye and telling me he loves me.
This is what we looked like after 3 days of camping. And a lot of rain.I'm really lucky that I found someone so great to be married to.
3 comments:
I didn't know you guys had an August anniversay too! Happy 7 years!
Happy Anniversary, you two. Jeremiah has the same approach when I make food that he doesn't care for. I will sometimes go even further by asking "would you have this meal again?" and he always says yes. What a champ.
What a great tribute! Considering how dirty everyone was camping...you guys look great!
Post a Comment