Sorry I took a little hiatus. I've been in my typical post baby hibernation. I guess it's time to crawl out of my cave and join the rest of the world again. It's been very restful though. I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Things are great with 3 kids. It hasn't been much of an adjustment. It helps that Maggie is the best baby in the whole world. She currently sleeps 8-9 hours at night. She rarely cries. She does spit up a TON, which probably explains why such a perfect child is allowed to stay on the earth. We took her for her 2 month well baby visit, and she is in the 90th percentile for both height and weight. We really have no idea what to do with a child who eats and has baby fat rolls. The other two never got above the 15th percentile for weight.
We blessed her in church this past Sunday. I thought she looked fabulous.

Cass and Lily LOVE having a baby sister. They are always begging to hold her.
Maggie is a rock and roll fan. She's partial to Rush, Run DMC, and oddly enough Michael Jackson. Her favorite song is Billie Jean. If she's fussy, I just crank that song, and she is usually asleep before it's half over. Maggie also loves the Guitar Hero cd we made. Basically anything with really good rythmic guitar, calms her down. This child is Mike's. Also, we don't do the typical lullabies with Maggie. Most babies get "Rock a Bye Baby" or Brahms Lullaby. Maggie likes "Golden Slumbers" by the Beatles. Also "Magdalene" by Boston. I have a sneaking suspicion that's where Mike came up with her name. I'm afraid Maggie will need her own ipod before she turns 1.
I have to tell you about all the fabulous new baby products that I've discovered this time around.
The Hooter Hider or the more politically correct name Bebe Aulait Nursing Cover. I don't know how I survived without this gem. http://www.bebeaulait.com/
The SwaddleMe by Kiddopotamus http://www.kiddopotamus.com/p_luxeswad.php Maggie can't sleep without it. We used to wrap our kids in those flannel receiving blankets that you get a million of when you have a baby, but somehow my kids would always squirm down, and the blanket would end up covering half of their face, and I would be freaked out thinking they would suffocate. Not with this little beauty. My awesome sister in law gave me two of these when maggie was born. My sister gave me all her boy ones, and we use them all. I think I have 6 total.
This is the first kid that I have felt like I really can't survive without a diaper bag/purse. I didn't use one with the first two, but I just really have too much stuff to cart around this time around.
I totally copied this girl I met in the mother's room at church. She didn't even know what it was called. It's called Fleurville. I went straight home and ordered one off the internet. It's huge, with great pockets, and a zipper on top. http://fleurville.com/product/re-run%E2%84%A2-hana this is the one I bought. I've had it for a week now, and I LOVE it. Totally worth the money. I ordered it off Amazon though - Free Shipping.
So anyway, that is all I have to share today. Hopefully I'll try to start blogging more. That is if anyone is still checking my blog. Let me know if you are. Otherwise, what's the point?
10 comments:
Love it love it love it! I love reading your posts! I'm so happy to hear that baby #3 isn't a huge adjustment. Everyone always says it's the hardest... That is so great that Maggie is such a good baby...and with fat rolls? I didn't know Jenson babies could come in fat rolls! She is so cute! I mailed a present for her and the girls yesterday (let's just pretend it was a month ago like us should have been) so hopefully it gets there soon! Thanks for the post!
I read your posts.
We do. :)
I'm here! I too love the hooter hider--I also have an udder cover--classy huh? jack HATED being swaddled, but I'm still going to try with the next one, I'm always jealous of those babies who get swaddled and immediately sleep.
So glad you're back!!!! I check for updates regularly.
( : Love all of Maggies pics. I can't believe all 3 of your girls looks identical. So cute!
Your blog is so fun to read. Madz says she loves it too. Keep it up.
I'm totally STILL checking it! I thought you were going to make it our whole China time without blogging again.
Maggie looks so CUTE! I can't wait to see her in ONE week!
What happened to our plan of blessing her August 9th?! Sneaky sneaky....
Jk! Glad you have a perfect baby who eats! Tell her hi from us!
Love your blog! And I give two thumbs up for the hooter hider and huge diaper bags!
Keep posting--since our only mode of communication:) I love seeing your cute little family and hearing about your mothering adventures. I need to take a minute to link you up to my blog so I don't have to go through Megan's every time:)
Um, you stink at keeping deals:)
Post a Comment