Sunday, August 14, 2011

A year in Review

Or at least some highlights
If you remember, we left off with my dismal 9th anniversary. Mike did end up taking me out for a night away from the kids about a month later. It was great. I just don't want you to think he didn't keep his promise. We did everything we were hoping to do and it was great.
And the year continued...
Cass started 1st grade and a new school. She is now in a Spanish Dual Immersion program. Basically she spends half the day learning in English and the other half in Spanish. She'll do this through 6th grade. She picked it up so quickly that by December we were having full conversations in Spanish. She is also teaching her younger sisters. By October Maggie could sing the Eensy Weensy spider in Spanish and English.
Lily started Preschool on her birthday. She was the social butterfly we expected her to be.
Lily continued her quest to put a stop to all trips, family or other wise. The morning we were supposed to leave for a long weekend away, she put a small rock in her ear. This resulted in our first trip to the Emergency Room, followed by surgery that night to remove the rock. We still took our trip, but it was a day shorter.
If you'll remember I'm tired of buying toys. This year for Christmas we gave our kids a Disney Cruise to the Caribbean. We left in January and went with my sister's family and my parents. I highly recommend it. We are currently planning another one.
In May we went to Walt Disney World with Mike's family. I never said we were'nt spoiled. It was a fantastic trip, which Lily did not try to ruin with illness.
In June, Mike's brother got married.
The morning after we got home from Disney World, I was called to be in the Young Women's presidency. Which necessitated participation in Girls Camp.
Cass was baptized in July.
Last week Mike and I celebrated 10 years of marriage by taking a trip to Maui. We tricked Lily somehow. She got the massive ear infection a week before we left.
This was the view from our hotel room window.
It's been a fantastic year. And I promise to blog a little more often.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I was just thinking today that it had been a long time since I talked to you and then your blog pops up as updated! We definitely need to catch up. I'll give you a call. ( and I want to hear all about the Disney cruise--we're going next June.)

Talbots said...

What a fun year. I can't wait to see what you do this year!

Mary Pugh said...

Welcome back to blogging! Loved getting the update...but then it made me realize that we need to talk more! I had no idea that any of those things (besides the cruise) happened. Seeing as how there is no impending move to Utah for us...expect more calls from me. Your girls (and you) look so great in the wedding pictures!