Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Things I've learned from being married

I got this idea from my sister in law about things she had learned from being married. Most of hers were about sports and tortillas. It was pretty funny. Anyway, after (almost) seven years of marriage, here is what I have learned and how I have changed.
1. Potato chips count as a serving of vegetables. The same goes for jam.
2. James Bond movies are cool. Also the Bourne movies.
3. Girly movies should only be watched with girls. Watching them with a boy just ruins them.
4. BBQ ribs are quite possibly the best and most delicious food on the planet.
5. I have learned to be an ice cream snob. If it's not Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Daaz, don't bother.
6. Yard work is more fun when you own the yard.
7. U of U football is now a large part of my life. So much does it pervade my life, that I have been known to have extensive and multiple dreams including Urban Myer returning to the fold, being a quarter back coach, and being on the team with Alex Smith.
8. Classis Rock is not Heavy Metal, nor is it entirely about Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll. Rush, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Collective Soul and MANY others are included in my itunes playlists. I have even been to concerts for some of the above mentioned groups and more.
9. There is a Jenson Family Handbook that I never got.
10. Rush, and any other rock group can be considered "Sunday Music" as long as the music is being played by an instrument that is considered part of the string section.
11. There IS such a thing as "Sunday Music" but no such thing as "Sunday Television" or "Sunday Movies."
12. Sports rule my life. I am sad if the U loses a game, but mostly because it means I have a distraught husband. Also June through August are the dead months for sports. Thank goodness he doesn't like baseball.
As you can see I have learned a lot by being married. I think the only thing that Mike has learned is to tolerate avocados. Maybe we can get him on here to post sometime and he can let you know.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love it. Very funny!