Saturday, December 20, 2008

Blue vs. Red, The Fight Continues

You thought the battle between the Utes and the Cougars ended with the tromping in November, but you were wrong. The battle is being continued at my house this morning. We are tending Cass's cousins, and the current debate is who the other little girl should be cheering for. It all started when Camilla, Cass's cousin found some pom poms (red and white ones incidentally, bought at the U of U bookstore). She promptly started shouting "Rah rah,rah rah rah, GOOOOO Cougars!" To which Cass replied, "We don't say that. We say 'I am a Utah man sir and I live across the green..." She then proceeded to sing the ENTIRE Utah fight song without missing a single word. They both continued with their chosen cheers getting louder and louder, until they were both practically screaming. Then they moved on to singing Christmas songs.

I guess the world would be a more peaceful place if all Ute and Cougar fans could resolve their differences simply by singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas."

An afterthought: Why is my niece Camilla cheering for the Cougars anyway? Her dad is a Ute fan, (receiving both his undergrad and medical degrees from the U) and her mom got her masters degree from the U. I'm pretty sure my brother is failing in his role as educator of his children. A fact that will need to be rectified.

No comments: