Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One More Week!

We are counting down the days at our house. Both of my girls know EXACTLY how many days until Christmas. We have had a very fun season, with MANY parties, and activities. We've seen Santa 3 times, and listened to Christmas music constantly since November 30. It is so gratifying to see my children dance around to the Osmond Christmas Album. They love the same songs that I loved as a kid (Sleigh Ride, and If Santa Were My Daddy). Because It's not Christmas without the Osmonds. For Mike, it's the Beach Boys Christmas Album. Our girls are being equally schooled in both. They like "Little Saint Nick" the best. It's hilarious when I hear them singing songs from our childhoods.
We've watched all our Christmas movies; the most important being "The Muppets Christmas Carol." They know all the words to those songs too. We also like Mickey's Once upon a Christmas, and Mickey's Twice upon a Christmas. My girls are also huge fans of The Grinch, in both book and movie form.

We've seen the Nutcracker. We've danced to the Nutcracker music at home, and at dance class.

We've made sugar cookies. We're making the famous green christmas tree cookies tomorrow, and candy with the Pugh's tomorrow night. This is a tradition that has been going on since my great grandmother's time. We even use the same recipe that my great, great aunt used to make nut logs.

The presents are all bought. Most of them are wrapped.

Today was Cass's preschool Christmas program. She was Susie Snowflake. She was adorable. Lily was offended that Cass wanted to play with her friends after the program, and not just stand and hold her hand. Lily still doesn't understand why you need anyone but your sister for entertainment.

I love this time of the year. I love the decorating, the food, and the music. I love the family get togethers. I love thinking of present ideas for the different people on my list. I love conspiring with different family members, and all the lies we get to tell.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Tj said...

Merry Christmas! It sounds like you've done everything possible to celebrate Christmas.

Once it's out of the way you'll be able to give undivided attention to January 2nd, which I'm sure is almost as big as Christmas in your home this year :)