We had my family over for dinner last night, about 20 people. It was a great time, and we always have so much fun talking and laughing together, while all the grandkids run wild. As everyone was leaving, people were going in and out of the house, gathering up left items or children, when my brother in law was backing up to leave, and Lily had darted behind his car. My Dad, always so calm and collected during any moment of crisis, saw her and grabbed her just as she was about to be hit by the car. I can't even express how blessed I feel that such a catastrophe was averted. I don't know if near death experiences are hereditary, but I'm hoping that is the last one for her. I can't imagine how my own Mother could cope with all the times I nearly died as a child. I have been on the verge of tears since last night at the very thought of a serious injury to my child. I'm pretty sure this will solidified my place in the Hyper Mother Hall of Fame. I'm don't think my children will ever be allowed to leave the house again.
Anyway, Thanks Dad!
1 comment:
So scary! So glad she is ok.
Post a Comment