When your itunes holds almost 10,000 songs, it is easy to forget some of the music you have. Sometimes I like to annoy Mike and listen to the music that I came into our marriage with. Specifically Barry Manilow. Those of you who know my dear husband may be familiar with the fact that he is EXTREMELY opinionated when it comes to music. He doesn't have a high tolerance level for anything that he believes is below his standards. This is where Barry Manilow comes in. He almost wouldn't let me put my cds on the computer. He didn't want our itunes library tainted. Right now, I have Barry blasting through the speakers, and I'm loving every second of it. Isn't it funny how music can bring back weird memories. The album I'm listening to right now is one of his greatest hits. Copacabana, Weekend in New England, This one's for you, etc. It is a cd that I kept in my car during college, and listened to a lot driving back and forth to the U of U. I haven't listened to it in years - mainly because now I have a lot more musical selections to choose from at this stage in my life. Barry accompanied me through a lot of my teenage angst (as well into my early 20's). I was introduced to the works of Barry by oldest sister and brother, when they came back from Ricks College in the late 80's. If you ask any one of my six brothers and sisters they will probably admit to being a fan. In fact my oldest sister knew that she had found the man of her dreams when they discovered they each owned the special 4 disc collective works of Barry Manilow. I haven't been to many rock concerts in my life, but I've seen Barry twice in concert. That fact alone makes Mike rethink his choice in marrying me.
So what's the point of this rambling? There is no point.
1 comment:
This totally just reminded me of you in high school and Being all into Barry. I grew up on Barry thanks to you. :)
Post a Comment