It was Mike's birthday this week. We had a lot of fun with him. He is really fun to shop for and spoil. For our family, birthdays are all about the food. We try to do a favorite breakfast and dinner. Mike wanted waffles for breakfast. For dinner I made him Beef roast with bacon chili gravy, potatoes au gratin, califlower, and blueberry muffins. All served on the traditional red birthday plate.
For dessert, I made him cookie skillet. If you haven't had it, you are missing out. It is quite possibly the best dessert on the planet.
After dinner we opened presents. He got a few cds (Weezer, 311, Chicago and The Beach Boys) Don't we have eclectic taste?After dinner he had to go to study group. I made him cupcakes to take to his group.
Then he came home, and we celebrated the joyous return of
The Office. I think that was by far the best part of his birthday.
p.s. What happened to Meredith's face?
6 comments:
Happy birthday Mike!!! I agree about the Office! I happened to be way sick that night, but I still refused to miss it!
Can you cook for me for my birthday??? Oh wait--that's your bday too....nevermind! (:
Yes I have had the cookie skillets and they are just that good!
PS Happy Birthday Mike
I'm glad I wasn't the only weirdo on the planet to notice something wrong with Meredithe's face! Did she get burned or something at the end of last season?
That show is hilarious.
We were wondering what happened to Meredith's face too. We're so glad The Office is back. We missed it.
Happy birthday to your husband. I noticed there was something wrong with Meredith's face. I have no idea why they didn't include that in the plot or something! But...don't you think Jim's proposal was so sweet and unexpected. I loved it! We had to rewind and watch it at least 3 more times.
I'm cracking up about the Merideth comment--I was wondering the same thing. So funny.
Post a Comment