Friday, September 26, 2008

Investigating other Religions

So, in the past I've always had really good excuses for not going to our home ward on Sunday. This last Sunday's excuse was possibly the best ever. We went to the Greek Orthodox church instead. Mike's Aunt married a Greek guy. Let me just say, that it was the awesomest afternoon ever. First of all in the Greek Orthodox church there is way more to look at than the boring old Bishop sitting up front falling asleep. There are stained glass windows, and large murals and tiled mosaics. Lots of gold and shiny things. Also, the priest sang the majority of the wedding service. It was an hour long, and he was singing the whole time. We also stood for a good portion of the ceremony. I wish I had brought my camera. All of the Groom's family brought them. My experience with weddings in the past were all camera free. In fact no cameras are allowed. Anyway, it was rather like the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" except it was the brides family that was clueless in the ways of the Greek. They even had those cool flowery crowns to wear.

The reception afterward was at a country club. The little girls had a great time running around and being wild. Mike was disappointed that the food wasn't Greek food. Mike's aunt looked like a 1950's movie star.
And then, right as we were about to leave, this guy walks in.

I tried to get a very discreet shot of him. Mike and I laughed about this for hours. You can't see her very well, but the woman standing next to him, matched his style perfectly. These two were totally worth skipping church for.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

How come when I skip church nothing fun is going on???? Glad you had a good time! (: