My family has a big Halloween party every year. We play games, sing Halloween Carols (you didn't know there was such a thing did you?), eat donuts on a string etc. Everyone has to be dressed in a costume, and if you come under-dressed, a costume will be provided for you. There are no exceptions.
Here is our family in our Halloween finest: Mike is a monk (he came unprepared, and a costume was provided for him), I am a University of Utah Cheerleader, Cass is a cowgirl, and Lily is a mermaid.
Here is Lily cheating at eating her donut on a string.
Cass, ever the rule follower, gets her hands so close, but won't touch her donut.
We've had so much fun this fall. Last Saturday, as Mike was getting ready to mow up the leaves in the backyard, the girls asked if he would make a pile for them to jump in. He said yes, of course, and proceeded to rake up all the leaves (considerably more work) to provide a little fun for his darling daughters.
On Tuesday, we carved a pumpkin.
Mike worked really hard, carving the cat face that Cass wanted.
After about a half an hour, the girls got bored, and we decided to decorate pumpkins the little kid way - with stickers. They had much more fun doing that, than watching Mike struggle with his carving.
After about a half an hour, the girls got bored, and we decided to decorate pumpkins the little kid way - with stickers. They had much more fun doing that, than watching Mike struggle with his carving.
I love fall.
Happy Halloween!
2 comments:
You all look so cute! Kev & I are boring. I think the most dressed up we have ever gotten is one year I put on my Student Body Officer sweater and him his old football jersey and we were high school sweethearts! We are lame!
Happy Halloween! We REALLY miss the Pugh Halloween party! I've been lamely attempting to practice the Halloween Carols on the piano...your mom gave me the music...but I need more practice...maybe next year!
Post a Comment