Friday, October 10, 2008

When it Rains it pours.

Do you ever have one of those weeks when you feel as though everything that could go wrong is going wrong? We had one of those weeks in July. Mike's job has never been fabulous, and had been going down hill for a while, but it got really bad in July. He had been looking for a new job for a few months, and even got down to the final two applicants on a couple of jobs, but no offers. Then our car broke down about an hour from our house late on a Friday night. And we were stranded for two hours before we were rescued. It made us realize that our car wasn't going to survive much longer. Then to top it all off, we had a miscarriage. During Cass's 5th birthday party. To put it mildly, it was not an easy week for our family.


Conversely, in September we had an equally awesome week. We found out we were pregnant again (I am so sick this time, thanks for asking - Due in May) We bought our new car that same day. Then the following Monday, Mike got a really good job offer. He started his new job this past Monday.


Our prayers are full of gratitude these days. We don't have much to ask for.

Also, I didn't have much forsight when I named my blog. Now I'm gonna have to change it. LAME!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hopefully you can change it to:
3girlsaboyandautefan! So sorry you're sick! Hopefully that changes soon and EVERYTHING will be good!

The Clements Family said...

I feel so bad that you are sick! It sounds like you have had a heck of a month, but it has all ended well.

Kristen said...

That expression is painfully true! I'm so sorry you had such a miserable July, and I'm equally happy about your wonderful September! And congratulations on #3! Anyway, we'll be in UT for Thanksgiving and hopefully we can get together. I was thinking about you (and several other friends/family) I wanted to visit while we were there, but I didn't have a car and it was too quick a trip. I'd LOVE to get together in November if you'll be around. Sorry for the long post.