Saturday, October 18, 2008

I wish

that I was better at blogging. I love to stalk all sorts of people's blogs that I don't even know. I want to be the type of blogger that has something to say on my blog every day, or even several times a day. Do you stalk blogs like that? Where do they find the time to sit down at the computer, be creative and find that much to say. Even now, I only got that far in my post before I was interrupted for 10 minutes to break up a fight over a crayon.
When I was in younger (before I had kids) I used to write all the time. I wrote MANY papers in college (crayon fight again - over the black crayon) I used to be a journal writer. I used to write little short stories in my school notebooks while I should have been listening to lectures. I used to write letters. Many letters to friends and family. I fancied myself an intelligent and witty writer. Then I had kids. And I think my brain has turned to mush. I usually can't think of anything to blog about that isn't kid related. Which is fine, but those readers who don't see my kids on a regular basis, probably aren't reading this blog for my kid updates anyway.
At least I still read a lot. I actually read more than Dr. Seuess and Sandra Boynton books. I even read books that are aimed at adults. But let's be honest who doesn't find Mr. Sneelock interesting, and Star bellied sneeches entertaining? Not to mention the underlying societal satire. Who doesn't laugh at Red hat, green hat, blue hat oops? And feel sympathy for the always left behind hippopotamus?
Maybe if I start blogging more, my brain will return to it's previous form.

1 comment:

Tj said...

At least they help you to remember to do things like to take a bath in one big tub, with soap all over scrub scrub scrub; and to brush and brush and brush your teeth.

Like my wife always says, "I have hobbies but I can't remember what they are." You guys sacrifice a lot to be moms, but it will all come back some day. (don't give up on the journal writing, Manda counts her blog as a journal :) I'm sticking with that one too)