I learned from watching the West Wing.
Well, it's over. To say nothing else, at least it was interesting. I have one major gripe about the world of politics in general, and more specifically, Presidential races. The point of living in a democracy is that sometimes the other guy wins. Isn't it great that we don't live in a dictatorship, where the same party and views are always in power. What really gets me though, are the people who say "if the candidate from the other party wins, I'm moving out of the country" or some other such nonsense. These are the same people I saw shedding tears of joy on television last night because their guy won. I'll be honest. I'm not terribly excited to think of what may be in store for our country over the next four years, however, I don't know that I would have been that much more excited had McCain won the election. I just think threatening to throw a big tantrum if your party doesn't win, is a little silly. Remember all those movie stars that threatened to leave the country 4 years ago, if President Bush was reelected? I'm pretty sure they all still reside in America.
Anyway, we had a big snow storm today, it's 4:00 in the afternoon, and I'm still in my pajamas. This is why I love being a stay at home mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment