Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm not the morning person I thought I was

I really prefer 9:00 AM church. I would rather rush in the morning, and have the rest of the day to relax after church. Adjusting to the time change each year is a difficulty faced by most every January. It usually doesn't affect me that much though. Today, about 45 minutes into Sacrament meeting, I reached up to adjust my cute dangly earring. As I touched it, I thought "wait a minute, that's not the earring I thought I was wearing." Yes, I was wearing two different earrings. At that moment there were two of us crying in the meeting. The woman bearing her testimony, and me - from lauging so hard.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad I could be there to experience it! (: At least they were both cute earrings! Maybe you could just start a new trend.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Pugh said...

That is awesome! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does things like that. One Sunday I got out of the car and looked down at my feet and realized I still had on my slipper/flip flops, since church is 20 minutes away I couldn't just run back and change...yeah that was an embarrassing day. I also had a friend who apparently owns two pairs of identical boots, just in different colors because she was wearing one brown boot and one black boot to church! I think the fact that we are racing to get EVERYONE ready including ourselves Sunday mornings leads to things like this!

Talbots said...

That is a riot! Annika wore one slipper and one shoe to church, but she did it on purpose (and embarrassed me to death.)

Kristen said...

We've all been there:) Once when we were visiting Chuck's parents, I got ready for church and was wearing my comfy slip-on yoga shoes before we left and forgot to change into my nice shoes:) And one of my friends showed up to church with one curler still in her hair. After a few kids, you earn the right to show up to church with mismatched earings:)