Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nina's bakery can't catch a break.

So, the day after my bread making catastrophe, I decided to try again. I used a different recipe, guaranteed to satisfy by my sister (it's her mother in law's recipe). All went well. The loaves looked beautiful.

It tasted wonderful.

Cass was at school when they came out of the oven. When we got home from running errands around 4:45, she wanted a piece of bread. I told her she needed to wait until dinner (about a half an hour). A few minutes later, I heard the clinking of cutlery. I went into the kitchen to find my beautiful loaves of bread in this state.

My daughters, wielding knives had decided to cut their own slices of bread. They attached my beautiful loaves with a serrated knife and a paring knife. I'm not sure which made me more angry: that they were using knives unsupervised or that they mutilated my lovely loaves of bread.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh, I feel for you. After you work to get a few pretty loaves, it makes you sick when the kids get their hands on them. Charlie does that to me all the time. Your bread looks yummy! Mine usually tastes fine, but never looks that pretty.