Saturday, January 10, 2009

That Walt Disney was a Genius

I give my daughters clorox wipes, tell them to pretend they are Cinderella or Snow White, and they will wash walls, base boards and floors. All the house work that I normally don't get around to, they do for me singing "Whistle While You Work" and "Sing Sweet Nightengale."


Who would've thought to make a princess do housework in the movies, thereby encouraging little girls to pretend the same would be a good thing, and not just thought of as a fifties throw back to antiquated gender roles. Either way, I appreciate it. My bathrooms have never been so clean.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I think it's YOU that is the genius! I am so going to use this! (:

Mary Pugh said...

Brilliant! Your girls are so cute! I can just imagine them working so earnestly imagining little birds singing along with them!

Zack said...

Those little Jenson girls could not be sweeter!

The Clements Family said...

Your girls are so cute! It is good that you are having another one! I have tried to use the Cinderella mind set with my girls, but then they try to tackle me as the evil step mother. That one sure does backfire. Glad you are doing so well.